Codes of Conduct (Ep 29)
October 23rd, 2018 · 45 mins 27 secs
About this Episode
- Event - APICity.io
- Codes of Conduct 101 FAQ
- Geek Feminism Code of Conduct
- GitHub Project CoC
- Goals of a Code of Conduct (From Microsoft’s Cloud Developer Advocacy team)
- To specify a baseline standard of behavior so that people with different social values and communication styles can communicate effectively, productively, and respectfully
- To provide a mechanism for resolving conflicts when they arise.
- To make our team welcoming to people from different backgrounds. Diversity is critical; for us to be successful, many different perspectives and backgrounds are necessary._
Special thanks to our sponsor, IBM. Are you building cloud applications with Java, AI, Machine Learning, Serverless and Containers? IBM Developer provides a large number of Code Patterns, sample applications, articles, tutorials and videos to help you build faster. All code is available on GitHub. You can incorporate any code into existing applications or use it to start a new application. Simply go to developer.ibm.com to access IBM Developer resources and start building.