"Conference Season" used to be a definitive time of year -- the time when things were chaotic and everything revolved around travel, talks, sponsorships, and schedules. But these days it seems like the whole year is chock-full of conferences, big and small. So how can we help build an event strategy that's sustainable, not only for our team, but for our budgets? Amanda Gonser, Manager of Community Events and Content at PagerDuty, and Matt Auerbach, Event Director at Twitch and Co-founder of Confir, join Mary, PJ, and Jason to talk about all of these topics and more.
- Measuring Event Success: Entering the Matrix by Amanda Gonser
- Confir - The conference sponsorship tool that allows you to find the best conferences for your company, created by Matt Auerbach.
- Community Pulse Episode 33 - Lessons Learned from Organizing Tech Events
- What Ever Happened to the Meetup? - blogpost from PJ Hagerty
- The plural of Prospectus is either Prospectuses or Prospectus.
- PagerDuty Summit is open for registration - San Francisco, Sept 23-25
- Listen to the poetry book, Deaf Republic, on the BBC.
- Twilio Signal - San Francisco, CA, Aug 6-7, 2019
- DevCom - Cologne, Aug 18-19, 2019
- FrontEnd Connect – if anyone’s familiar with the conference, let Matt know!
- Science & Technology section on Twitch – specifically CSharpFritz
- DevOps Days Buffalo - Buffalo, NY, Sept 26-27, 2019
- From Crimetown podcast - The Ballad of Billy Balls - hosted by Io Tillet Wright
- Wu Tang Clan: Of Mics and Men
- Abstractions - Pittsburgh, Aug 21-23, 2019. Use discount code ChQ1Rs7bdZCwfJg for 10% off.
- CMX Summit - Redwood City (Bay Area), Sept 5-6, 2019. This link gets you 10% off.
- Artists Works
- Car Hacks: Automatic + IFTTT + RescueTime
- Little Snitch - information on how to change your Comcast plan
Enjoy the podcast?
Please take a few moments to leave us a review on iTunes and follow us on Spotify, or leave a review on one of the other many podcasting sites that we’re on! Your support means a lot to us and helps us continue to produce episodes every month. Like all things Community, this too takes a village.