These past few weeks have brought us to what we hope will be an inflection point with regard to systemic racism in the United States. We’re now asking the question: How can we work as a community in DevRel to ensure we not only address this critical moment, but actively work toward eradicating systemic racism in our industry?
- Anti-racism resources
- Kim Crayton’s Introduction to Being an Antiracist course - June 27
- Scaffolded Anti-racist Resources
- Scene On Radio podcast Season 2: Seeing White podcast series
- Wesley Faulkner’s “5 steps to combat racism” video
- Wesley Faulkner’s “Are we all racist?” video
- Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most by Douglas Stone, Bruce Patton, Sheila Heen (summary)
- Walk on by: why do we ignore bad behaviour?
- Zootopia (animated movie for kids that clearly illustrates racism)
- We don’t do that here (a way to shut down racist and/or inappropriate comments)
- How to continue without burning out:
- Twitter thread from Tatiana Mac
- unthreaded/blogpost version from Rain Leander
Enjoy the podcast?
Please take a few moments to leave us a review on iTunes and follow us on Spotify, or leave a review on one of the other many podcasting sites that we’re on! Your support means a lot to us and helps us continue to produce episodes every month. Like all things Community, this too takes a village.