A Talk about Racism, Privilege, and DevRel: Community Pulse Live - Summer Edition (Ep 48)
June 17th, 2020 · 1 hr 1 min
About this Episode
These past few weeks have brought us to what we hope will be an inflection point with regard to systemic racism in the United States. We’re now asking the question: How can we work as a community in DevRel to ensure we not only address this critical moment, but actively work toward eradicating systemic racism in our industry?
- Anti-racism resources
- Kim Crayton’s Introduction to Being an Antiracist course - June 27
- Scaffolded Anti-racist Resources
- Scene On Radio podcast Season 2: Seeing White podcast series
- Wesley Faulkner’s “5 steps to combat racism” video
- Wesley Faulkner’s “Are we all racist?” video
- Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most by Douglas Stone, Bruce Patton, Sheila Heen (summary)
- Walk on by: why do we ignore bad behaviour?
- Zootopia (animated movie for kids that clearly illustrates racism)
- We don’t do that here (a way to shut down racist and/or inappropriate comments)
- How to continue without burning out:
- Twitter thread from Tatiana Mac
- unthreaded/blogpost version from Rain Leander
Enjoy the podcast?
Please take a few moments to leave us a review on iTunes and follow us on Spotify, or leave a review on one of the other many podcasting sites that we’re on! Your support means a lot to us and helps us continue to produce episodes every month. Like all things Community, this too takes a village.