Advocating for DevRel as a DevRel Professional (Ep 49)
July 7th, 2020 · 37 mins 46 secs
About this Episode
Developer Relations needs to be put into perspective for people outside the team or community. When your Developer Relations department comes under fire, how do we switch from advocating for our community to advocating for ourselves? When DevRel is new, how do you build on activities to show the importance of having a dedicated team working with the communities your organization is involved with?
SJ and PJ sit down with Elizabeth Ruscitto and Jaime Lopez to discuss the ins and outs of explaining DevRel to folks on the outside.
- Themed Zoom backgrounds as a team icebreaker - Fave album? Fave movie?
- Punk Rock Aerobics
- Spotify’s new Open Source Developer portal - backstage.io
- Free Coursera course - The Science of Well-being
- 10 Ways to Help Accessibility at Conferences as a Speaker by Lindsey Kopacz
- Google Tech Writing Course
- New Album from punk band Western Addiction
- Stay Home, Stay Safe, Buy Local
Enjoy the podcast?
Please take a few moments to leave us a review on iTunes and follow us on Spotify, or leave a review on one of the other many podcasting sites that we’re on! Your support means a lot to us and helps us continue to produce episodes every month. Like all things Community, this too takes a village.